- B.Tech Information Technology (IT) discipline was initiated with an intake of 40 in 1999 and the department at present has an intake of 120 annually.
- The department also runs a Post Graduation course M.Tech (Software Engineering) with an intake of 8.
- The state of art facilities and well qualified faculty are taking care of all round development of the students and make them industry as well as job ready.
- In addition to quality teaching, students are exposed to certification courses and workshops along with personality development programs. Furthermore, required training is imparted to the interested students to prepare for competitive examinations such as GATE, CAT etc.
- The gradual increase in the number of participants and competitors for various programs and the growing number of placements reflects the impact of these programs.
- The department is strengthened with a total of 30 faculties out of which 2 are Doctorates and 10 are pursuing Ph.D’s and 16 are holding M.Tech degree.
- The department has organized two International conferences in the area of computing methodologies and many workshops.